Latest posts by Erica (see all)
- 4 Yoga Poses To Stretch Your Hip Flexors - November 28, 2016
- Essential Yoga Poses for Beginners-Lesson Plans Beginner Level - September 24, 2016
- Lesson Plans: Body Appreciation - February 9, 2016
Also know as Down Dog or Downward Dog Pose.
- From all fours, on hands and knees. Firm your hands down, fingers spread, base of index finger grounded.
- On an exhalation, push the floor away from you, lift your hips and push yourself back into the down dog pose, an upside down V pose.
- Keep you knees initially bend to lengthen the spine, taking the hips up and away from you. Then if possible extending the legs, while maintaining the length in the spine. Taking the top of the thighs and knees back.
- Press upper arms towards each other, shoulder blades down along the spine, but widen the shoulders at the back. (Ekhart Yoga)