Latest posts by Erica (see all)
- 4 Yoga Poses To Stretch Your Hip Flexors - November 28, 2016
- Essential Yoga Poses for Beginners-Lesson Plans Beginner Level - September 24, 2016
- Lesson Plans: Body Appreciation - February 9, 2016
Salamba (सालम्ब, Sālamba) = suppoerted
Sarva (सर्व, Sarva) = all, every
Anga (अङ्ग, Aṅga) = limbs, bodyparts
Asana (आसन, Āsana) = pose, posture, seat
Salamba Sarvangasana (सालम्ब सर्वाङ्गासन, Sālamba Sarvāṅgāsana) = supported-all-limbs-pose
1. Spread a fourfold blanket on the floor. Lie flat on your back with both legs and feet touching each other. Keep your palms facing the floor.
2. Exhale and bend knees over the chest. Press hands down on the floor and, with a swing, raise waist and hips.
3. Support hips with the hands and lift the trunk.
4. Raise hips and thighs further, supporting them with the back of your hands. From the shoulders to the knees, the body should be perpendicular to the floor.
5. Straighten legs towards the ceiling.
6. Stay in this position for two-three minutes. Gradually increase the duration to about seven-eight minutes.
7. Exhale. Bend the knees and gradually slide down buttocks and back. Release hands from the back and extend legs on the floor.