Latest posts by Erica (see all)
- 4 Yoga Poses To Stretch Your Hip Flexors - November 28, 2016
- Essential Yoga Poses for Beginners-Lesson Plans Beginner Level - September 24, 2016
- Lesson Plans: Body Appreciation - February 9, 2016
- Sit on a flat surface, like the floor, in a way that your legs are stretched out straight ahead of you.
- Bend your right knee in front of you, so that it touches the floor. Your right foot should rest next to your right hip and both your knees need to be together.
- Maintain your balance while you sit up straight, so that your weight rests on your “sitting bones”. Make sure that your body weight is equally divided between the sitting bones.
- Then, bend your left knee in a way that your left foot rests flat on the floor, just in front of the sitting bone.
- Using both your hands, cup your left foot at the heel. Straighten your leg, pulling it backwards, closer to your torso. Make sure that your back and shoulder blades are straight. To perform the pose correctly, your leg has to be completely perpendicular to the ground.
- Move your chin towards your knee while your back remains straight and extended.
- Hold our breath and this pose for about 30 seconds, before lowering the leg slowly.
- Repeat the entire exercise with the other leg.