Latest posts by Erica (see all)
- 4 Yoga Poses To Stretch Your Hip Flexors - November 28, 2016
- Essential Yoga Poses for Beginners-Lesson Plans Beginner Level - September 24, 2016
- Lesson Plans: Body Appreciation - February 9, 2016
- Position yourself in the child’s pose (balasana).
- Place your upper forearms on the yoga mat in front of you.
- Now lift your heels up and shift your toes forward.
- Then extend your legs and straighten them out as you would in the downward dog pose. Make sure that your forearms remain in their positions on the yoga mat.
- Bring your legs forward and in one smooth movement, kick one leg up and then the other one up towards the ceiling.
- Hold your legs in place with your feet aligned over your head. Maintain your balance as you focus on your deep breathing.
- Hold the feathered peacock position for 30 seconds to 1 minute or for longer if you can.